Tippie is an advanced tip calculator that allows you to calculate how much you should tip based on a rating system.
Tired of a mess of receipts you end up having in your pocket from the end of the week? Tippie can save, load, and delete each tip bill you enter. Version 1.3 brings the following great new additions.
- Save, Load, and Delete tip entries.
- Send Tip entries to an e-mail address.
- Built in five star rating system that is customizable.
- Choose to round the tip up, down, or keep it exact.
- Split the bill between others.
- Enter a custom tip percentage if needed.
I developed Tippie for the Android that allows you to easily calculate how much you should or want to tip.
Version 3.1 brings a lot of goodies, such as saving the tip information so you may view it later. I do plan on updating the UI at some point and releasing a version for the iPhone in the near future.
Glimpse into my workflow:
While Tippie is not my first Android application, it is my first published app on the market. I’ve learned a lot, especially that you can’t please everyone!
Under the hood
- Native app that uses the Android SDK (no webkit view here)
- Uses SQLite and SharedPreferences to store user defined data
- Takes full advantage of the Android life cycle processes (you leave the app, it comes back where you left off
- Uses AdMob for displaying advertisements